Saturday, September 10, 2016

Chooda/Netholi varuthathu (Smelt fish fry)

Fish and coconuts are the two things that I cannot live without. I can eat fish for every meal. Given a choice, I prefer fish over chicken/mutton any day. Today´s recipe is a very simple and easy fish fry that goes very well with rice. Here I have used Smelt fish which tastes like Chooda or Netholi.


Smelt fish-20
Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
Salt
Oil



Clean the fish and make gashes. make a paste of the chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Apply on the fish. Keep it aside for at least half hour. 

Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fishes until golden brown and crispy. Enjoy with rice.

Tip:

1. It can also be served as an appetizer.
2. You can deep fry or shallow fry. Here I have shallow fried.


0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons