Saturday, May 21, 2016

Thengapaal ozhicha cheera curry (Greens in coconut milk)

Green leafy vegetables! Everything green attracts me. Every time I see them, I buy them. I love to cook them and I certainly love to eat them. Moreover you do not have to spend much time in cooking them. It easily takes up any flavor that you want to incorporate. These are very nutritious and healthy too. My mom cooks them in a number of ways.  I use them a lot in salads, soups, curries and stir fries. You can fine one of the curries here. Today I am sharing with you two very easy recipes.

This is my take on one of my mom’s version of cheera curry. Usually she cooks the greens with lentils (tuvar/moong dal).  I also cook them the same way. But in this recipe I have not used them. It is a quick fix curry and is one of my hubby's favorites. 



Kale-1cup chopped
Chard- 1 cup chopped
Green chilies-3 slit
Coconut milk-1 cup
Salt

For tempering
Oil-2 tsp
Mustard-1tsp
Garlic -2 cloves sliced
Shallots-3 sliced
Dry red chillies-2 broken in half



Cook kale and chard with green chilies and salt. When it is done, add coconut milk and heat for 2 mins (do not boil). Take it off the stove. Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard. Add red chilies, garlic and shallots. Fry for a couple of mins until it changes color. Add this seasoning to the cooked greens. This goes very well with rice or chapathi.

Tips:
  • You can add tomatoes.
  • Use collard greens/ spinach or any greens of your choice.

1 comments:

Suja Manoj said...

Real nadan curry, healthy and yummy

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons