Sunday, April 5, 2015

Coffee Panna cotta

Just like everyone I also love coffee. Coffee was not common during my childhood days as we used homeopathic medicines for common ailments. So I never missed out on any opportunity to have some. Once I started cooking, it became a common ingredient of my cakes, ice creams and desserts. Panna cotta is one such dish that I make quite often. It is an Italian dessert. The recipe I am sharing today satisfies my craving for coffee when I am not in a mood for anything elaborate.


Milk - 3 cups
Coffee grounds- 2 tbsp
Sugar- ½ cup
Vanilla bean- ½ split lengthwise 

Powder gelatin-1 packet

Water - 3 tbsp

Chocolate chips-1 cup

Instant Coffee powder- ½ tsp 


Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and let it soak for about 15 minutes.  In the mean time, take milk, vanilla bean, coffee and sugar in a pan. Bring it to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once it simmers, turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture. Stir well to dissolve the gelatin. Strain the mixture through a strainer. Pour the mixture into 3-4 ramekins/molds. Let it cool and then refrigerate for 2- 4 hours. 


Melt chocolate in a water bath, add coffee and mix well to obtain a smooth texture but not too liquid.

Remove the Panna cottas out onto dessert plates and decorate with chocolate sauce. 

Tips:
1. You can place bottom of Panna cotta molds in hot water for a few seconds to help with
    the removal. 
2. You could serve directly in ramekins used for chilling
3. Chocolate sauce is optional
4. If you do not have use a few drops of vanilla essence. Add it along with gelatin.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | JCpenney Printable Coupons